Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2009

busy android bees

I have to admit, I did not take much time yet for looking into the Android SDK and environment. But with every device that reaches the market, with every SDK that gets released, I'm getting more and more curious. It seems Android is here and won't go away. I as many other whas a little disappointed about the Google phone after launch. And even today after looking at 2 HTC devices, the Samsung Galaxy and the T-Mobile Pulse, they all look the same. When I was start looking at the menus they reminded me at Windows Mobile, which isn't a good thing at all ;)
Then non Java SDK where announced, Google announced Chrome OS and new devices where delayed.
But look ahead now: a huge wave of devices is definetely coming. The Moto Droid comes out next week and looks pretty cool.
2.0 is installed and the seems to be worth a major: from bluetooth SDK, Exchange connectivity: the remaining gaps are beeing filled quicklier then we all expected.
There are non-phone devices out there or announced: netbooks, internet-/multimedia tablets, ebook reader: Android definetely came to stay.

Looking forward to start my 1st real look at the community next week at DroidCon here in Berlin.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen